Friday, June 18, 2010

POSSE DAY 4

Project day!

I spent the better part of today working with my team building a Fedora Remix for RIT students. See: http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/RIT_Remix_Project

My partner Juan Cockburn from Computer Engineering and I made some good progress. We combed through google searches and asked questions in IRC when we ran into technical difficulties. Our progress is noted on the above wiki.

I should add that when we tried to load our remix on a pen drive we found another problem....When we tried to reboot the computer off the pen drive all we got on the screen was a picture of a hot dog. No joke.

Anyway, Juan was a great partner. He took care of the code and explained it very well.

The other development I had today was talking to people about how to get students involved in open source journalism and documentation projects. I got some great links. I look forward to sharing these links with the other journalism professors in my department - and with the people who teach technical writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment